Saturday, April 13, 2013

Shell Interview Final Stage Part 2-unforgettable~


ALHAMDULILLAH =)
Done the final stage interview . And it is such a great unforgettable experience ever. First of all thanks for those who read my blog I meant my entries . And to those who wait patiently for the updates . Let’s just start , for the first day it is a briefing session on what going to happened and being asked during the interview.
FIRST DAY
I came early . yeah it’s the first day of course we are trying to give the best impression isn’t it? As I entered the office, I saw a group of people sitting together I knew they are attending the SRD too. Hehe actually I was just assuming. I went to them and yes you! E Jet! E Jet is one of the candidates too. You know what he is a silent reader of my blog . hikhikhik. He said “ Do you write blog?”
I replied “Yes”. Then me started to mingle with them. As I want to introduce myself E Jet said “You’re from Malacca right.”
Then they laughed. Allisya said “He is a very loyal stalker .”
Me said “How come you can recognized me ?” . “I remembered your picture in your blog .” Okayh..
Everybody started to nervous yeah a lot of butterflies in our stomach. There is 12 of  us . supposed to be . 3 Malay girls,1 Indian girl and others are Chinese boys. We were brought into a room. And this beautiful Lady Marry Anne is the one who responsible to interviewed and explained all of the things regard to this with the aid of her assistant Michael Lau. We were given a copy of slideshow, case study on Moldana country to be discuss on and yeah the pencils , highlighters what not.
Then we are divided into few small group. And me here a bit passive. Seriously . actually I am try to adapt with the group even I felt ignorance. Am I to silent ? hmm but me think positive. It just a briefing session but the real you should do better.
Almost 11 we ended the session.
SECOND DAY
 THIS IS THE IMPORTAT DAY ! BUT ME………….WAS LATE!
Just imagine how that felt.. I supposed to be there on time 12 pm . I drove out with my aunt at 10.30 am from Sg Buloh. But as I opened the gate.. something happened to. I throw up suddenly. It hurts. I’ve to rush. I wonder what happened to. I felt no nervous at first but why I ‘m throwing up. My aunt began to worried. She asked if I can go to the interview. Me said I don’t know. Then we stopped by to re-breakfast. I wanted some porridge but as I eat I ‘ll throw up. Even on the wat before we stopped by I throw up again. Twice. Me so weak so tired. And we were caught in traffic jam . Aunt felt much worried as we supposed reach there on time but we have been late for 30 mins.
As we reached there , as me entering the room everybody felt relieved said Zheng Xi . Allisya thought I forgot and asking everybody who have my number. Sorry . And Amira thought I was there.. much earlier than them. Right on time Michael came brought us to the waiting room . Allisya was the first candidate to start.
For this interview you are not needed to bring anything unless yourself!
*      First you are giving one hour preparation time to study the case of Aduki country
*finding the key issues, your goals for long term , middle term and short term
*      Next you are given only 5 minutes to present the key issues and your goals =) only 5 minutes
*just list the important one as you will find a lot of issues in the case study
*      20 minutes for the interviewer to ask you questions on your presentation
*be careful while giving your opinions and while answering the questions. The interviewer will jotted down everything she listened
*      Lastly grouping sessions to decide which proposal should be proposed to Shell
*they want to see how you work in group how relevant your ideas.

As reminder believe me the one hour given to you for preparation is not enough not at all!
Same goes to 5 minutes presentation. They give you case study of 5 pages for briefing session 20 minutes to find the key issues and set goals. But the real is much tougher!
25 pages I guess. In one hour . a lot of issues. A lot! Huahahaha.
Me felt that it is so thankful to be in this stage even I can’t get the scholars . out of 7000 thousands applicants less than 1000 has been shortlisted for the phone interview, out of that only 400 is shortlisted for the interview *this final one!* . and at last they just want 70 students only . 20 for overseas and 50 for local universities. Just guess what! I am fighting for the overseas. And I felt so humble among them. Hmm
Pray for me =)
They said we will be informed by the end of April.
Thanks Shell giving is the opportunity =)
Yeahh the last you are not allowed to bring anything even your draft and what not out from the room! It is confidential! And me can’t tell more =) that’s all.

well to E Jet if you are reading this please leave your footstep . maybe facebook name i'll add you. 
hmm unfortunately we have no pictures together . with all the candidates =( 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Favourites :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates

cOpyright reserved EiraYumie