Monday, January 28, 2013

Shell's PHONE INTERVIEW! 2013


Wow!! Even me myself was really surprised to hear this thing. its beyond my expectation. Allah always have surprise for us.

 The call was yesterday telling me that i am qualified for the first round interview. owhh i was just like what???! can't believe it of course.. as I am never expecting this!

ALHAMDULILLAH.

thanks to Allah for this surprise. 
Of course i felt glad then she asked me *the interviewer is an Indian woman.. very kind *
"when would you like to have the interview?"
*at that time i was just woke up from qhailullah *a short nap* *
"owh wait ..*trying to think and yes the coming week is full of tasks and tests haaha and suddenly i said * how about tomorrow?" 
*owh men its crazy i never expect that i'll say that thing*
"sure , is it in the morning or when?" she asked me .
" hmm i guess how about after the lunch hour?"
"sure at 3.00 pm. we'll call you. anything to ask before i go?''


and i asked her a few things .

of course *macam cacing kepanasan* *gelisah here and there*
i called my beloved mom tell about this then of bestfriend dunia akhirat Fara, Baz, Syasya , Acap . Nana and i am asking help from Juki too.
i told Choyy because he also applied for this scholarship.
thanks to Allah of giving me these great friends.

Last evening at 3.03 pm she called me. Got some problem wit the line but then everything turns to be okay.

The interview session is divided into three part.

1. Background and Yourself
  • your great achievement that you are proud of *only one*
  • challenges you faces *refer to the achievements*
  • your strengths
  • what can you develop for the future *all regards to your achievements*


2.Relationship
  • have you ever been in a misunderstanding situation?
  • how did you overcome that?
  • during school, you have to speak to different people of different ranks. how do you speak to different types of people? what are your strategies?


3.Capacity*will be same questions for next year i guess and similar to last year*
  • Business Competitors
  • Leadership Development
  • CO2 Emition
  • *i can't remember*
to others who get this opportunity i wish all of you best of luck.!! its a great experience being interviewed by great company like Shell.


 lastly Q and A.
before ended the session she told me if i am shortlisted they'll send me an e-mail by this end of February and another interview to be attend and it is face to face! and she asked if i wish to ask her questions then i asked
"Miss, do you think I've chance in this interview?"

and what she laugh and said 
"I can't answer that, but I'll give you opportunity. You did very well. I felt your confidence. *ayat macam nak sedapkan hati je kan hahaha* just wait the e-mail. "

takpelah like i said to everybody kalau ada rezeki in shaa Allah tak ke mana.

i don't expect to much because this already make me thankful. ALHAMDULILLAH.

wait!!
forgot to say a lot of thanks to this unknown guy, he helped me a lot let just know him as Adderly.
He was the last year final stage's candidate for Shell's scholarship. According to him he saw my comment on someone post in their blog and wish to help me and he did help me a lot. He is now furthering his study in Holloway Royal University of London.


24 comments:

Unknown said...

wahhh ! same goes to me.. berdebar nak tunggu result dy by the end of this February ! :) by the way, awak mohon course apa ye ? :)

Umirah Rashidah Dalip said...

REALLY,? me too!! course petroleum engineering.. awak?

Unknown said...

oh ! that's awesome ! hee. sy apply geology. and it seem that we should know the result by the end of this week right ? so how ? hee ~~

Anonymous said...

Wow Eira nice blog here, so hows the result of shell...did they reply u ?

Umirah Rashidah Dalip said...

sorry late reply for your comment Anonymous, well they did reply me with an email.. but it says that the result will be postponed until mid March but till now.. i haven't received any.. =(

Umirah Rashidah Dalip said...

Heyy guys =) Alhamdulillah they replied me . me is going for the next stage ! pray for me!

Stevenlexus said...

Hi Umirah,congrats for the selection to 2nd stage =)...may I ask u apply for local or oversea for shell?

ROBIN LAI said...

OMG Eirayumie CONGRATZ on getting onto 2nd stage !! All the best ya ! I applied for Local one, went through 1st stage but they havent reply for my score...what did u score on 1st stage eira ?

ROBIN LAI said...

Stevenlexus, if local scholarship u only go through 1st stage of intervire which is phone interview, if you applied for oversea, u will be called for 2nd interview which is face to face if u succeed on 1st stage, hope this clarify your thoughts ^^ Cheers !!

Umirah Rashidah Dalip said...

hey sorry hey for late reply. Steven I applied for overseas. Btw thanks for wishing. Robin first of all thanks for adding me.like I said they didn't tell me.



Anonymous said...

Salam alayk miss eira, how did they replied u?? was it through the phone or email?? because i just got a call from shell telling me that i pass the 1st interview and telling me that there's gonna 2nd interview. but unfortunately the line is not clear and i cannot clearly heard what did he said.

Umirah Rashidah Dalip said...

They called me then they sent me an email. =)

Anonymous said...

when u'll be interviewed?? is it mini SRD? how do u prepare?? could u please share with me via email? mine is mrkeem18@gmail.com. muchas gracias. may Allah bless.

Umirah Rashidah Dalip said...

sorry for a late respond anonymous. but I've just sent you an email.

Anonymous said...

Please I can you help me wit some shell questions and possible answers.I just passed their online test and am waiting for the interview..my mail is incrediblematthew@yahoo.com..Thanks in advance for all ur effort...GOD bless you.

Unknown said...

salam.. thanks for sharing.. i will have my mini srd in this 15 n 16 of june. wish me luck..n if u dont mind.. would u share with me what aderly had shared to u..? my email zaqey94@gmail.com

may Allah bless u... :)

Anonymous said...

hi there

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am doing shell phone interview tomorrow. any tips? or some interview questions, specifically case studies if they have one. Thanks

Umirah Rashidah Dalip said...

I am really sorry because i haven't visit my blog so long . i didn't notice all the comments and i am sorry i can't help you at that time . if you still want to know anything please contact me via my twitter @ir_umirah or my facebook. it's much easier. again sorry

Hameed said...

Assalamu Alaikumm..

I also got selected in first Round and I have Phone interview by next week...Can you pls Help me...

Nurul said...

Assalam. Dear admin, are you a stpm or spm leaver? If not mind, can you tell me what is your result in stpm/spm? Or is it using the trial exam's result? I just wanna know so that I can set my target in my exam :)

Nurul said...

Or else, you may tell me by email: othernurul@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance! Salam.

Anonymous said...

Is the questions the same every year?

Unknown said...

Dear admin..shell from which country had call you?

Post a Comment

My Favourites :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates

cOpyright reserved EiraYumie